10 Commandments of Tattoo After Care
1. The new tattoo needs to be covered for 2 / 3 days, depending on the size of your tattoo.
2. Do not soak the tattoo in the early stages for example: Taking a bath or swimming. If so cover it with waterproof dressing.
3. After cleaning the tattoo with non scented anti-bacterial soapy and water you must continue to use Bephenthan Ointment Cream, to keep the tattoo moisturised.
4. Repeat the above procedure 2 or 3 times a day, or as required, depending on your skin type… the tattoo may form an inky residue, so make sure that your tattoo is washed, creamed and wrapped overnight for the first 3 nights with a breathable dressing.
5. After 2/3 days leave the tattoo uncovered, wash and moisturise it as often as you can.
6. During healing do not: soak, rub or scratch the tattoo. If scabbing occurs DO NOT PICK!
7. The healing process usually takes 10-14 days and the skin of the tattoo may peel during this period.
8. For the first 14 days avoid: sunbathing, swimming, saunas, dirt, oil, grease, paint, industrial cleaners, and caustic substances.
9. DO NOT USE “SAVLON” cream. this will draw out the ink.
10. The better you look after the tattoo the better and faster your tattoo will heal!
- Soaking your tattoo in the bath.
- Swimming pools, spa baths and Jacuzzis.
- Exposure to the sun, sun beds and spray tans.
Do use your common sense, treat the tattoo as you would treat a minor operation, keep clean and dry,
don’t touch it unless you are cleaning it.
Don’t let anyone else touch it!
When you dry it, pat it dry don’t rub it, make sure the towels are clean and used only by you.
This information is a guideline for you, it should result in a happy, healed tattoo that you can be proud of.
If you should wish to discuss anything else with me, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Inkspirationz.